Springs are an integral part of machinery used in different industries. The agriculture industry is not an exception to this. A wide variety of springs are being used to facilitate proper movement of the machinery and equipment used in the agriculture industry. Every type of spring has its own capabilities, and thus different applications employ different types of springs. Various types of coil springs are one used in the said industry. Interested to know the agricultural applications of these springs? This post discusses all applications in detail.
Which are the Agricultural Machines that Use Coil Springs?
The following are the most commonly used equipment in the said industry, which use coil springs as their integral part:
- Tractors: A tractor is the first thing that comes to mind, when we say agriculture. It is considered to be the basic requirement of the industry. Almost every crucial part of a tractor uses coil springs. It helps in increasing the efficiency of several parts of the tractor, such as doors, engine, transmission, and ignition. Also, these springs are used in the seats, and help absorb the shocks, when the tractor moves on a rough path.
- Mowers: The mowers are also one of the most widely used equipment in a number of agricultural and farming applications. Compression springs are used in these equipment, which help the rotary cutters in maintaining the level of decks, especially when they are used on uneven surfaces. And this is not all. Just like tractors, the mowers also use springs in various parts, such as engine, ignition, and seat. All the mechanical parts of the mower operate efficiently with the help of compression springs used.
- Deep Tillage Equipment: These equipment are used by the farmers to dig deep into the soil. While going deeper, the tillage equipment can experience shocks. In order to absorb these shocks, large diameter springs are used in the equipment. These large diameter springs feature a greater load capacity, making them ideal for the application. Thus, the best spring type to use in these equipment is high-quality coil springs. This will help you in saving considerable time, and cost, by allowing the deep tillage equipment to go deeper in on go, without several passes.
- Sprayer Equipment: Have you seen the sprayer equipment used in the farms to spray chemicals, which helps avoid the growth of weeds, insects, and hence diseases. These equipment use coil springs for the required suspension The springs used help the sprayer equipment deliver an optimal performance every time.
Apart from those mentioned above, here are a few more agricultural equipment using different types of springs:
- Landscaping Equipment
- Towing Equipment
- Irrigation Equipment
- Wagons And Trailers
- Harvesting Equipment
- Hay Balers
- And More
This is how a coil spring can help various equipment used in the agriculture industry operate efficiently. However, you need to take into account certain factors to make the right choice of the spring.
However, the performance of these springs in the applications depends on their proper selection. But, how do you know whether you have selected the right spring or not? You’d probably know it when the equipment doesn’t perform as desired after using a spring. So, what’s the solution to this? Or how can you avoid selecting the wrong spring? Simple, by educating yourself with the “things to consider”. This post will explain in detail several factors that you are required to take into consideration, while selecting an agricultural spring. What are these factors? Read on to find out.
What are the Important Factors to Consider for Selecting Right Agricultural Springs?
Do you want to make the right selection of your agricultural springs? If so, then following are some basic questions that you should ask yourself and also the manufacturer before making the purchase:
- Are the Springs Safe to Use?
This is the very basic things to consider before purchasing the product. The machinery used in farming is often required to bear pressures of heavy loads. Therefore, you must ensure that the extension springs used in the farming equipment are capable of withstanding these loads, and thus deliver a safe operation.
- How Long is the Springs’ Life?
The next important factor to check is the durability of the spring. Most agricultural equipment use extension springs. These equipment are frequently exposed to extremely harsh weather conditions. The springs used in these equipment should be capable of withstanding such unfriendly working environments. Thus, life of the spring you buy is an important factor to consider and check.
- Are the Springs Strong Enough to Deliver Consistent Performance?
Consistency is an important factor. The extension springs used in the farming equipment undergo pressure, every time the equipment is moved, pushed, or pulled. To withstand this pressure, and deliver a consistent performance, the springs should be strong enough. Thus, it is highly advisable to check the material of the spring. Stay away from cheap materials. Also, select the spring with proper thickness, size, and diameter.
- How is the Service Provided by the Manufacturer?
Last, but not the least – you should always consult a reliable manufacturer, who can offer prompt service by answering your queries, and addressing your issues immediately. If the service provided is poor, then it can cost you additional costs, and wastage of valuable time. Do a proper research of manufacturers, and shortlist the one that is capable to provide you spring that matches your requirements perfectly.
So, these were some important things to consider, which will help you in making the right decision and selection of springs. Still confused? We understand that the selection process might get tricky at times. In such cases, it is best to consult experts, who, with their vast industry experience, will help you make the proper selection. There are a number of experts, from whom you can avail this help. St. Mary’s Spring Company is one such leading manufacturers of different springs used in the agricultural applications today.