Precision engineered wire forms such as clips, hooks, springs, and rings, among others are indispensable for the assembly of a wide range of products. They play a crucial role when assembling appliances, automotive parts, electronic items, medical devices, military gadgets, and industrial machineries.
Standard or Customized?
These days, customers are largely opting to customized wire forms than choosing standard forms available in the manufacturers’ inventory. Wire forms can be manufactured in a range of configurations according to the users’ requirements to meet their industry specific applications. How to go about in customizing wire forms? What are the options available for customization? If you are a first time customer, you will find this blog worth reading.
As a customer, you must be clear about your application requirements. Only then, you would be able to provide the manufacturer with correct specifications. This is crucial to produce finished products by meeting the desired specifics. If you go wrong when stipulating requirements, it will affect the quality and performance of the final assembly.
The below given information can be used as a reference when specifying your requirements to the manufacturer.
- Materials – Wire forms can be manufactured using several materials. These include:
- Music Wire
- Stainless Steel
- Beryllium Copper
- High Carbon
- Chrome Silicon
- Chrome Vanadium
- Nickel 205
Choose the right material after considering factors such as; application area, compatibility with the manufacturing process, mechanical properties, and budget.
- Finishes – To withstand severe environmental conditions and enhance the physical appearance, wire forms are offered with several finishes. Choose the right finish that is perfect for your application.
- Electro polish
- Black Oxide
- Powder Coated
- Shot Peening
- Wire Diameter and Wire Length – Specify the desired wire diameter and wire length when filling the ‘Custom Quote Form’.
- Standards – Wire forms can also be customized in compliance with several industry standards. These include; ANSI (American National Standards Institute), ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers), ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials), Mil-Spec (Military Specifications), RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances (Compliant), among others.
- Other Specifics – Do you need flattened wire form for your application? Specify that in the ‘Custom Quote Form’. You can also order for pierced, eared, or notched wire forms in spherical, conical, threaded, or nail end types.
As you can see, there are several ways you can customized wire forms. Fill in the correct details in the ‘Custom Quote Form’. Cross check the specifications provided to ensure the correctness of the details provided. The manufacturer keeps the ‘Custom Quote Form’ as a basic reference to design and manufacture wire forms. Provide accurate specifications and get the end product that exceeds your expectations.